Dragonfly Deck and Hull Assembly
How do they assemble Dragonfly Trimarans? Check out the video above. Here are the key points;
1. Before the deck and hull are assembled the main parts of the boat have been installed including; inner liner, furniture and bulkheads.
2. The hull is placed in a cradle to maintain the shape.
3. Before glueing the boatbuilders do a number of tests to ensure it is the perfect fit.
4. The vinylester glue has an opening time of 2 hours and is then clamped to cure overnight.
5. The final finish is achieved by cutting, grinding and coating the flange.
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
If you have been keeping up to date with Dragonfly news you would know that the Dragonfly 40C, the new carbon trimaran is currently in production. The team in Denmark have been updating us with the process of the new build in the factory and we wanted to bring you along for that journey.
Dragonfly Composite, how and why Dragonfly Trimarans are unsinkable.
The Dragonfly 40 is paving the path for the future of Dragonfly Trimarans with this new full carbon option.
Dragonfly Trimarans are already renowned for fast and comfortable cruising; however, for the very performance-oriented buyers, Dragonfly now offer the Dragonfly 40 C and 40 C-Performance.